This April, you could see more money coming your way. 

Albertans who qualify could receive up to three cheques in the mail. 

GST/HST credit, the Canada Carbon Rebate, and the Canada Child Benefit (CCB) are set to go back into the pockets of Albertans this April. 

Starting April 5, those who qualify will be receiving the Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax Credit. 

GST/HST credit is divided into quarterly payments. 

Here is what you could be receiving after all four payments: 

  • $496 if you are single. 
  • $650 if you are married or have a common-law partner. 
  • $171 for each child under the age of 19.

According to the Canadian Government, the GST/HST credit is a tax-free payment that helps low- and modest-income families and individuals offset the GST/HST that they pay. 

You are automatically considered for the credit when you file your taxes. 

After that, on April 15, you can expect to see payments for the Canada Carbon Rebate (CCR), formally known as the Climate Action Incentive Payment. 

“The Canada Carbon Rebate returns fuel charge proceeds to Canadians through direct deposit or cheque, every three months, ensuring most households get more money back, with lower-income households benefiting the most,” it states on the Government of Canada's website. 

Here is what to expect if you're an Albertan: 

  • $225 for an individual 
  • $112.50 for a spouse or common-law partner 
  • $56.25 per child under 19 
  • $112.50 for the first child in a single-parent family 

The CCR also has supplements for rural individuals and families to acknowledge rural Canadians high energy needs and limited access to cleaner transportation options. Those supplements are as follows: 

  • $45 for an individual 
  • $22.50 for a spouse or common-law partner 
  • $11.25 per child under 9 
  • $22.50 for the first child in a single-parent family 

The final payment of the month is the Canada Child Benefit on April 19. 

This is a tax-free payment designed to assist with the costs of raising children. 

The Canada Child Benefit is distributed monthly through the Canada Revenue Agency. 

You are eligible to apply for the benefit if you meet all the following requirements: 

  • You live with a child under the age of 18 
  • You are primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child 
  • You are a Canadian resident (for tax purposes) 
  • You or your spouse/common-law partner must be either a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a protected person 
  • You are an individual who is registered or entitled to be registered under the Indian Act 
  • You are a temporary resident who has lived in Canada for the previous 18 months and who has a valid permit in the 19th month other than one that states “does not confer status” or “does not confer temporary resident status”  

For more information about eligibility and how to apply for the Canada Child Benefit, visit here.

Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to